Sunday 25 March 2012

Back in the swing of things!!

I'm totally back in the swing of things after my two weeks at The Mall!!

I've got loads of idea for new things and I've finally been able to start on some of them.

This time its tea cosies and egg cosies.

All waiting to be free hand embroidered :)

These will be the Mr & Mrs 'wedding' egg cosies


 New Tea Cosies:

Beach huts (WIP)

Cupcakes
(baby cupcake, mommy cupcake and daddy cupcake!)



 Huge mug of tea!



 These beautiful red tea and tea pot really stand out on the vintage tea stained fabric.

And my best seller - Vintage Stacked Tea cups


Chick chick chicken!! In lovely Liberty :)


Another best seller:
Loving the red :)



I think theres about 15 or so to be made up. 

Another thing I've done this week is take a little trip to the NEC for the Sewing for Pleasure and Hobby craft event.  
I knew exactly what I needed to buy and tried to stick to it as I still have some of the fabrics left after I went a bit mental and brought loads last year!

These dotty and plain are my main fabrics so lots of these brought in my fave colours (all from Dohertys) :) Still missing a light blue though - and I want them all in stripes too now!!!

Some beautiful greys, whites and neutrals
From top: 
Clarke and Clarke Grey strip
Clarke and Clarke grey dotty
100% white linen
wool/cashmere/mink mix fabric (soooo soft)
50/50 cotton/linen mix neutral 

I also picked up a few cheeky extras like these 1/2 mtrs from Eternal Maker to match the grey stripes and dots (I'm thinking beach huts)
And it wouldn't be right to come away without any colour!!!
These are for my iPhone and gadget cases
LOVE these colours!!

I tend to stick to quite neutral colours but I am delving into colours thanks to my friend Emma at Sew Sweet - If you check out her website you will see loads of beautiful colours ! 
I'm off over there now to place an order for some lush wool felt roses, polka dot ribbon and dotty buttons  for my summer collections :)

See you!!



3 comments:

  1. Luurrrvvvllllyyy! will take a pic of all the yummy fabrics i bought, we are so different lol mine are all bright n bold with the exception of some yummy Moda fabrics i managed to get. I tried running down the isle with the bolts but they caught me!!
    emma xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. all those beautiful colors all lined up makes me wanna run into my art studio. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi there,
    What a lovely blog you have! I'm so pleased that I discovered this little corner of the blogosphere while I was on my travels!!! :-)
    Until my next visit.....
    Carly
    x

    ReplyDelete